If you have your own questions that you wish the Killa to hansar, please email "dearbountykilla@gmail.com" or use the comments feature.

Saturday 12 March 2011

Dancing Hype

Dear Killa,

I am a single mother living in the inner-city. I have six kids and none a dem nuh lef de yard yet. I sell in the market- and what little I get, has to serve for all 7 of us. My last son is very bright and talented. But lately, I notice dat de school work drop off and de hyping pick up. Nuh bag juice party naah miss him and now that he has joined one of de dance groups in the community- all inna him head is clothes, dance and music.

Killa, I am distressed. I try so hard to see my kids elevate out of de Ghetto. I was really hoping this last boy would have turned out differently. Him have a bettah head fi de book ting, but de bleaching every night story won’t help him. Don’t get mi wrong Killa, mi love fi dance too, but dancing is not all there is to life.

Dear Mama Hype,

Lawd a Mercy… All de yute wey doan like school, just dismiss!

Book book book. Unu fi pressure unu book. If yuh naah nuh education people treat yuh like a buuts. Tun yuh ina handyman, dawg food yuh haffe cook. Dem nuh wyah nuh candy man a Barbican or Norbrook. So big up all de yutes a KC, Glenmuir and Georges. You love yuh education, dis one is for you. Keep your goals in sight and you must go through. And when yuh reach de top, don’t you forget is who buy yuh schoolbooks, yuh uniform and yuh shoe. And pay yuh school fee, when de term get new. As for me- Mama respect due. Cause if it wasn’t she- I wouldn’t know wey mi wouldah do. All by dis mi wouldah meet mi waterloo or go end up ina de wrong crew…

No comments:

Post a Comment